It’s a common conception that men can’t multitask right? Well here at SuperHeroes we were ready to put that theory to the test. Our latest film ’So Viral It’s Scary’ documents an experiment with an award winning film director called Don Arnold, turning a video game store into a haunted house. Can unsuspecting gamers handle the horrifying distractions, or it will it be… game over?
As the film director plans to use scare tactics, including hidden compartments, killer dogs and psycho clowns to prank his victims, the joke is well and truly turned on himself. You know, even with the perfect multitasking tool (the LG IPS 21:9 UltraWide monitor), it’s still not easy to going viral J.
Global viral hit ‘So Real It’s Scary’
‘So Viral It’s Scary’ is the next installment of our successful ‘So Real It’s Scary’ viral prank series. The previous films in the series have collectively gathered over 45 million views and counting.
Prankvertising is the future?
Not really. But we do enjoy it and the public as well – in the first two days we’re already on 1,8 million views again! Prankvertising itself however, is only the future if it keeps on adapting. We responded to the challenge by turning the prank on ourselves. So what’s next?
The film was directed by Carl Sundemo from Hobby Film.
(Photo from http://www.amsterdamadblog.com/) ©
Last Thursday SuperHeroes Amsterdam celebrated its 5-year anniversary in combination with a secret hideout warming… (Ahem) BIG ASS PARTY! Complete with a hot dog vendor, door bitches, awesome snacks, a lama and DJ’s that could get your grandma up handing out lap dances. Among the attractions was also a photo booth – never avoid a good polaroid - for partygoers to become their favorite hero. While the party may have been scheduled to end at midnight, DJ’s SFRMKRS and our resident French DJ Quentin had other ideas (nobody seemed to mind). The party officially ended at around 3:00 AM… we think. Thanks everybody for coming, for all your presents and warm words. You were a blast! We’ll make sure to do this more often… For more party pics be sure to check out http://bit.ly/SuperPhotoBoot More here :). http://www.amsterdamadblog.com/2013/12/02/superheroes-celebrates/ and here: http://bit.ly/AmsterdamAdBlog_FacebookAlbum
SuperHeroes is looking for a Graphic Design Intern!
If you’re a Photoshop hero, InDesign superstar, into fashion and graphic design… Pay attention please!
SuperHeroes is the bravest agency of the Netherlands and has a new secret lair everybody is talking about. You will be part of the social team of SuperHeroes, helping them with a wide range of design. This team manages the daily social channels for national and international clients, but also creates special interactive projects. You’ll be working with us on these tasks:
- Brainstorming visual ideas for social campaigns and social discussion
- Creating images for social channels
- Gathering data for monthly reports and visualizing these into info-graphics
- Researching what’s new and cool in social media and influencers
- Customer service monitoring
- You are a digital addict
- You think visually
- You are organised and structured
- You are proactive
- You are independent
- You are a team player wanting to help save the world from boring advertising
- You’ll bring food for thought to the table
- You get a fulltime internship of 3 months, starting January 2014
- You will work in an international environment, so don’t be afraid of English jokes during lunchtime
- You get to work in a real life Superhero secret lair, in the heart of Amsterdam
- You get a pretty good internship stipend
- Monitoring a series of social channels
- Researching influencers / blogs
- Managing some social channels
- Creating content for social channels
- Analysing and reporting
- You are a digital addict
- You are not only clicking on party pics from your friends, you know what’s happening in online campaigns (inter-)nationally.
- You have worked with monitoring tools before
- You love copywriting
- You are organised and structured
- You are funny even if you don’t think that about yourself
- You tell us what your spinach is
- you get a fulltime internship of 6 months, starting 16th of December 2013
- you will work in an international environment, so don’t be afraid of English jokes during lunchtime
- you get to work in a real life Superhero secret lair, in the heart of Amsterdam
- you get a standard internship stipend
What will you encounter when you journey into the finest pixels, the deepest of details? We're proud to release a massive new global interactive campaign for LG, called 'Hidden Worlds'!
Hidden Worlds is an interactive film for LG's ultra high definition displays. It's an adventurous quest - chasing an author called Katie - into a range of colourful worlds in which reality and imagination become one. The film is directed by Anrick Bregman and is a close collaboration by SuperHeroes Amsterdam and UNIT9.
The new campaign will be rolled out in more than 20 countries in Europe, Asia, North/Central/South America, Middle East and Africa. As part of the campaign, LG will be sponsoring a broad range of activities to engage participants in each region.
Go to LGHiddenWorlds.com for the full experience!
Greatness. Our motion graphics heroes have created this dazzling showreel to showcase some of the work we have created in our short history. Enjoy the dive :).
This is where you will now find SuperHeroes hard at work:
Phone stays unchanged: +31 (0) 20 846 3806
Have you ever heard of the vestibulo-ocular reflex of a chicken? It is a chicken’s amazing ability to keep its eye focused during movement. When LG asked us to promote its new flagship smartphone the G2 and its campaign theme 'Learning from you', we ran out to the chicken farm. And here it is: STEADY FEATHERS! Directed by Willem Gerritsen from Czar.nl and in close collaboration with Korean Krema Worldwide, we are taking our favorite chicken Lizzy to Hollywood fame...
Shot in documentary style, Steady Feathers tells the story of Dave and his chicken Lizzy. Dave is an Australian cameraman who’s always on the lookout for the best steady shot. He stumbled online upon a chicken’s amazing gaze stabilization, and decided to try it on his own. In an adrenaline fueled sequence of shots we see him taking the GALLUSCAM to the extreme…
Over 100k views in the first 24hrs and overwhelming responses, that's really promising. After the enormous success of So Real It's Scary 1 and 2 we're clucking with anticipation. Lizzy Power!
UPDATE: 2 million views in 5 days!
UPDATE 2: 4 million views in less than 4 weeks!! Cluck cluck :).
UPDATE 3: 5,5 million views in 8 weeks!!!
Credits - thanks y'all!:
Agency: SuperHeroes Amsterdam, Krema
Creative Directors: Rogier Vijverberg, Thijs Biersteker, Dylan Son
Art Director: Silje Lian
Creative strategist: Felipe Camera
Agency producer: Severien Jansen, Hattie Kim, Serena Choi
Production company: Czar.nl
Director: Willem Gerritsen DOP: Gabor Deak
Producer: Hein Scheffer, Anne de Ritter
Post-production: Justin Baker @ The Bakery, Fred Huergo
Music production: Massive Music
Audio post production: Jons @ Amp. Amsterdam
Client: LG Electronics Inc
Responsible at client: Cathy Choi, John Kwon